Host a Postcards to Doctors party this holiday season!
And announcing: #MEAction’s first Pinterest boards!
Together, the #MEAction community has made the Postcards to Doctors initiative an incredible success: there have been approximately 5,500 requests for postcards to doctors across 43 states! We are so thankful to see people across the country step up to reach out to physicians.
We’re so close to our 6,000 postcards goal and that’s all thanks to your hard work! We wanted to give something back, keep energy for the initiative high, and create something fun, so we created a Pinterest board with ideas to throw a low-stress holiday Postcards party!
Pinterest is a social media platform that’s a little more laid back than Facebook or Twitter. It’s common to post projects and ideas to Pinterest link collections (called Pinterest boards).
Announcing our first Pinterest board:
Our Pinterest holiday board has great resources for writing utensils, easy decor, and tips and tricks to host a successful party.
How to throw a holiday postcards party:
We’ve created a handout with all the information you need to throw a great Postcards to Doctors holiday party! Read and print that out by clicking here or open it up in the box below.
In honor of the season, you can include special holiday wording in your postcard language. Express your gratitude to doctors that have made a difference in your life or encourage doctors to watch Unrest during this season of giving!
Over the course of our searches, we found so many amazing links and ideas for people with chronic illnesses around the holidays that we were inspired to do so much more! We’re curating a great collection of easy decor and cooking ideas that someone with minor or moderate ME can do to make the season bright. It’s our gift and thank-you to you, for all you do year-round.
So, we’re proud to announce that coming soon, there will be #MEAction Pinboards for:
- Pretty, low-energy holiday decor that you can do
- Gifts for them: DIY projects that are inexpensive and easy
- Gifts for you: Take out the guesswork and brain-drain of the holiday season by providing friends and family one of these articles on great gifts for people with chronic illness
- Coping with the holidays: a Pinterest board with great resources for saving energy during this crazy time, low-energy fun holiday activities, and a genuinely upbeat guide to riding out the holidays on one’s own
- Baking with chronic illness: easy recipes and recipes where you can prep beforehand, along with recipes for specific diets
Thank you again to all of the contributions that you have made to Postcards to Doctors.
We are so thankful to have such an amazing, strong, and supportive community, and wish the best for you and yours this holiday season.