Take Part in the #SockIttoMECFS Challenge!
You can help spread ME/CFS awareness and raise vital funds for ME/CFS progress through the Sock It to ME/CFS Challenge.
The Bateman Horne Center, a world-class center of excellence for ME/CFS and FM, is dedicated to the identification and diagnosis of patients, to bringing well-qualified patients into cutting-edge research, and to the swift advance of progress. Donations fund the programs we put on and the outreach we lead in order to make this a reality.
The Sock It to ME/CFS Challenge is simple and fun!
- Wear the wildest and wackiest pair of socks you can find – to work, the grocery store, a meeting, the gym, church. Roll that pant leg up – don’t be shy!
- Shoot a brief video or take a picture of yourself out and about in your wild socks
- Challenge no less than 5 of your friends to do the same AND to make a donation to the Bateman Horne Center to advance understanding and treatment of ME/CFS!
- $5 if they take the challenge; $50 if they don’t
- Tell them why it is important to you and share a bit about ME/CFS
- Share your video/picture on social media with the hashtag #SockItToMECFS #SockItToFM and/or #SockItToMECFSandFM as well as #BatemanHorneCenter
- Be sure to include the donate link in your posts: BatemanHorneCenter.org/sock-challenge-donation/
The challenge is set to end at the close of this year — so let’s wear those wacky socks, everyone!
If you want to learn more, visit the Bateman Horne Center’s webpage for the Sock It challenge by clicking the link below: