Category: Community

Your #MEAction guide to the holidays: with Pinboards!

The holidays are a stressful time.  Between gift-giving (and buying), travel, cooking, decorating, and guests in the home – not to mention winter colds, increased heating bills, and challenges in local travel like snow and icy roads – it’s no wonder that many people emerge from the hazy shade of winter completely exhausted.  That goes

Read More »

#MEAction’s Guide to Weathering the Holidays

Note: if you prefer to download this list as a pdf you can download it by clicking here. Make a list of whatever you can do in advance and a schedule for completing your tasks with plenty of wiggle-room. The holidays are often jam-packed with tasks.  Sit down nowish and make a list of everything

Read More »

WHY WE CARE: Directly Supporting People with ME

Erica Verrillo is founder of The American Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Society (AMMES), which provides direct assistance (rent, clothing, food, etc.) to people with ME who are in crisis in the U.S., as well as resources to the ME community. A generous donor has offered a matching donation of five thousand dollars to

Read More »

Host a Postcards to Doctors party this holiday season!

Host a Postcards to Doctors party this holiday season! And announcing: #MEAction’s first Pinterest boards! Together, the #MEAction community has made the Postcards to Doctors initiative an incredible success: there have been approximately 5,500 requests for postcards to doctors across 43 states! We are so thankful to see people across the country step up to

Read More »

A Trial of ME – Elizabeth’s Story

This is me, my story, I am one of the millions missing. I may not look ill to you, but if you see me, it will be because I am having a ‘good’ day because I am well enough to be able to get dressed and leave the house. The rest of the time I

Read More »

Postcards to Doctors Featured Artist: Lia Pas

#MEAction’s Postcards to Doctors initiative has continued to be an incredible success! Thanks to the hard work of the #MEAction community we have sent postcards to nearly 6,000 clinicians across the United States. We could not have done this without the invaluable contributions from the artists who designed our postcards.   #MEAction would like to

Read More »

Degrees of Distance

Many of us (housebound/bedbound) worry about dear ones who are sick, infirm, or struggling, esp. if we live afar. We feel not being there when we need to be, want to be, no matter what the circumstances, as failed fidelity, incurring a debt of love.

Read More »

Are you Disabled? How does ME fit into the Disabled People’s Movement?

Values & Policy Initiative Learn more This article is part of our Values & Policy Initiative, a six-month long process for the community to come together to learn and discuss our core values, tactics and positions so that we are more unified in our work as a large, diverse community. This process will culminate in a statement of principles and values as well

Read More »

Volunteer of the Month: An Ally of Many Talents

Malcolm Bailey from the UK has bailed us out with his tech savvy skills on more than one occasion. We are so lucky to be able to rely on his dependable help for projects both small and large. As he describes it, ” As a healthy ally I’ve done everything from editing videos, ordering and distributing

Read More »

Why We Must Build Coalitions to Strengthen our Movement

Values & Policy Initiative Learn more This article is part of our Values & Policy Initiative, a six-month long process for the community to come together to learn and discuss our core values, tactics and positions so that we are more unified in our work as a large, diverse community. This process will culminate in a statement of principles and values as well

Read More »
Scroll to Top