Category: Community

Accessible Ways for People with ME to Get Involved in Racial Justice

Accessible Ways that People with ME can get Involved in Racial Justice #MEAction has always focused on empowering and supporting our community. We know that many people with ME are wanting to show support for racial justice and it is often difficult to know how to engage from home.  Here are some accessible ways that

Read More »

#MillionsMissing 2020 was powerful (full report)!

*We added an update below. Videos like the “I got a virus” video from #MEAction UK and #MEAction Scotland were viewed over 90k times on multiple platforms. Better than originally reported! Dear Friends, You are amazing. You made #MillionsMissing impactful, powerful, and moving.  This virtual year no doubt had it’s challenges, but it was beautiful

Read More »

#MillionsMissing Choir Sings

These singers, fighting everyday to live with the debilitating disease of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, (ME) offer their love, support, and friendship to everyone experiencing hardships. We Are so grateful for everyone who participated! For #MillionsMissing, a  global campaign for ME health equality they collectively chose “You’ve Got a Friend” by Carole King. Share, send love to

Read More »

#MillionsMissing: Artists & Storytellers

Over the years, we’ve seen incredible pieces of art from people with ME. Many of these artworks move us, galvanize us, and let us into the inner world of the artist that we would otherwise never see. ME separates us from our lives and loved ones – from work, from parties, from basic errands like

Read More »

Postcards to Doctors Featured Artist: Emily Lawton

We are so excited that the Postcards to Doctors Initiative sent more than 6,000 postcards to physicians across the United States! We’d like to take this opportunity to recognize one of #MEAction’s Postcards to Doctors amazing artists, Emily Lawton. After she was diagnosed with ME at the age of fifteen, Emily used the process of

Read More »
APPG on ME Sample Email UK

Another No from NICE – Take ME Seriously

As publication of new ME guidelines are delayed, NICE once again refuse to take action to mitigate the harmful recommendations that still stand in the existing guideline. Join us as we send them a giant card and tweet them so that they see the damage their guidelines have caused. Read more below and take action.

Read More »

We Celebrate the Life and Legacy of a Warrior for ME

It is with heavy hearts that we share the passing of ME community advocate, Cindy Siegel Shepler. Cindy lived with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) and multiple other health issues. She dedicated much of her increasingly limited time and energy to advocacy, increased awareness, and increasing research funds for ME.  She had a true passion to protect

Read More »

Cards for Koroshetz: Send a Holiday Card to NIH Demanding Action!

This holiday season, the #MEAction community plans to flood the mailbox of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) with holiday cards calling for NIH NINDS Director, Dr. Walter Koroshetz, to take immediate ACTIONS to end the crisis of myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). We need your help! Take action with us: Send Dr Koroshetz a holiday

Read More »
Scroll to Top