Category: Community

Attend the 3rd Annual Community Symposium on Molecular Basis of ME/CFS – Register to Attend or Watch

Stanford University is holding its 3rd Annual Community Symposium on the Molecular Basis of ME/CFS at Stanford University on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019, sponsored by the Open Medicine Foundation. Patients, caregivers and the community are encouraged to join the community symposium to learn about the most current research, and to meet the scientists and clinicians in person. Registration closes on Aug.

Read More »

#MEAction Welcomes our Social Media Ambassador from South Africa

We are excited to announce our newest Social Media Ambassador, Clarinda Viviers, from South Africa! A social media ambassador is a volunteer who is knowledgeable, an enthusiastic supporter of the ME community and #MEAction, and has a strong social media presence. Each ambassador amplifies #MEAction’s social media efforts and share news with #MEAction’s social media

Read More »

Greater London Authority Unrest screenings to raise awareness of ME

The Greater London Authority’s offices have held two Unrest screenings over the past few months to raise awareness of myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). The screenings, held for staff, took place at Union Street and City Hall, and were part of ME Awareness Week and the #MillionsMissing campaign. Officers and staffers attended the two screenings, held in

Read More »

Announcing the Art Picks for Postcards to Doctors

#MEAction is launching an initiative that will allow you to help educate your local clinicians, called Postcards to Doctors! Postcards to Doctors will work a lot like Postcards to Voters. The Postcards to Voters campaign leveraged handwritten postcards to individuals in order to encourage them to vote.  Postcards to Doctors will use the same model

Read More »

Sign a petition to ask the EU for funding for biomedical research

Hello EU! The best way to combat a hopeless situation is to act! Please help us by signing a petition that asks the EU for increased funding for biomedical research into ME. There are about 2 million ME patients in the EU. That’s only an estimate, because reliable figures aren’t even available. But we know we

Read More »

Aid Without Asking: How to Support Someone with ME

The love of my life battles ME/CFS. It’s a disease that my father has also struggled with since I was a boy, so it’s one I know well. I knew life wasn’t going to be simple when we met, but I dove in head-first anyway.  I can’t say it’s been easy, but I can definitely

Read More »

Volunteers: the bedrock of every #MEAction Scotland campaign

Volunteers are at the heart of everything #MEAction Scotland does. We are always looking for more people to help make a difference and support our work in Scotland. Currently, #MEAction Scotland is run by a small group of volunteers, most of whom have ME, with support from the UK coordinator. If you are interested in

Read More »

I’m angry, but I’m not alone. 

I’m angry, but I’m not alone.  Hi, my name is Ben HsuBorger, Director of Global Community and Campaigns for #MEAction, and I’m a person living with myalgic encephalomyelitis for over 14 years. I’m deeply grateful for the community and tribe I’ve found at #MEAction that remind me I’m not alone — and I want to

Read More »

Hundreds gather for #MillionsMissing Glasgow

#MillionsMissing Glasgow on 12 May, 2019, was a huge success, and took place in glorious sunshine which is fairly unusual for this Scottish city! A crowd of around 400, many of whom had travelled from across Scotland, heard people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) speak about their experience of the illness. There was music from local

Read More »

Q&A with #MillionsMissing UK Organisers

On Thursday 18th April, #MEAction UK held a conference call with organisers of #MillionsMissing event past and present from across the UK. There are already events planned for 2019 in all 12 UK regions, with over 25 events in the UK Claire from Southampton, Janet from Edinburgh, Carolyn from Sheffield and Denise from London were

Read More »
Scroll to Top