Category: Community

Rise Up by Andra Day Lyrics

A note from Holly | #MEAction’s Social Media Coordinator:

I am so thankful that I get to witness the extraordinary compassion of this community on a daily basis. As the social media coordinator for #MEAction, I see the best, worst, and everything in between of the community. It is my job to help communicate out to the community and wider world all that is

Read More »

Goodbye to graded exercise therapy but concerns about physical activity programmes – Community Discussion

There were significant concerns about the recommendation of a physical activity programme in the draft ME/CFS guideline, even with the caveats attached. The recommendation that a physical activity programme should be considered if patients would ‘like’ to start one, was felt to imply that there is a choice or a desire involved, rather than increased physical activity being impossible for many.

Read More »

Sian: Stop. Rest. Pace.

At age 16 I got a virus. Back then I did the right thing: Stop. Rest. Pace. I recovered. At age 19 I got a virus. My GP told me not to stop. Not to rest. Not to pace. 8 years on I have not recovered.

Read More »

LAST WEEK IN REVIEW: CNN, LONG-COVID SEMINAR, SEVERE ME DAY & MORE!

Last week was inspiring and eventful! We had a huge turn-out for our US Advocacy Meeting about the National Institutes of Health’s (NIH) response to long Covid and ME, we co-hosted and organized a seminar for those with long Covid with amazing organizations and activists, #MEAction UK wrote an open letter to the National Institute for Health

Read More »

National Disability Voter Registration Week

National Disability Voter Registration WeekJuly 13-17, 2020 #MEAction is excited to participate in National Disability Voter Registration Week!  Let’s get people with ME and all people with disabilities registered to vote, educated about this year’s election, and prepared to cast our ballots! We have gathered resources to help make it as simple as possible as

Read More »

ADA 30th Anniversary–Stories Wanted

The 30th of the anniversary of the American Disability Act (ADA) is fast approaching–July 26th. As a way to celebrate this momentous occasion, we are looking to share stories of how the ADA has positively impacted the lives of people with ME.We want to honor those who fought hard to make sure we have the

Read More »
Scroll to Top