Over the past year #MEAction has been focusing on reaching out to the national press to make sure journalists and medical professionals are educated about ME and can provide the correct context when writing articles about long COVID and long haulers. Our efforts have paid off and we continue to receive coverage and new opportunities to speak with journalists. Now, it’s your opportunity to help us get the word out even further!
Our press outreach efforts have helped lead to coverage in major news outlets:
- The Washington Post
- The Atlantic
- The Guardian
- The Sheffield Telegraph
- The Scottish Sunday Express
The #MEAction press conference was successful in educating journalists about the intersection between long COVID & myalgic encephalomyelitis and we are ready to do even more!
With this in mind, we want to expand our press outreach to local papers across the globe and this is where you come in! This year, in preparation for #MillionsMissing week, we are asking for people to send letters to the editors for their local papers. Letters to Editors are a great way to get published and can be a powerful advocacy tool. You can even start this action right away! The more press, the better!
Here is why Letters to Editors are important:
- You can reach a large audience.
- Great way to start a conversation around an issue that is important to you.
- Helpful way to educate and spread awareness about ME.
- Letters to Editors are often monitored by elected officials.
- Letter to Editors are a great way to catch the attention of journalists at the newspaper who may, in turn, write a full article.
Thank you in advance for writing to get the word out about #MillionsMissing and ME. All of us working together, in tandem, continues to make a difference.