Thanks to another strong turnout from the ME/CFS community, 14 Senators and 28 Congressional Representatives joined together to sign this bipartisan letter to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in support of people with ME/CFS.
The bicameral letter was sponsored by Senator Ed Markey (MA) in the Senate and Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (CA-18) in the House of Representatives. The letter was drafted as an urgent response to the sudden termination of the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC). The letter does the following:
(1) States that more must be done by HHS to address ME/CFS needs,
(2) Describes the challenges we face,
(3) Requests that HHS explain how it will fill the gap left by the September 2018 dissolution of CFSAC,
(4) Poses detailed questions regarding National Institutes of Health and Centers for Disease Control activities for ME/CFS, and
(5) Requests a formal response from HHS by January 12, 2019.
The letter was signed by:
Send a Thank-you note!
If your member of Congress is listed above, please thank them for their support! Please sign our ME/CFS Community thank you card here. Please also consider thanking them on social media. Member twitter handles and Facebook pages are listed above. If your members of Congress are not listed, please reach out to their offices and ask why they did not sign, and what we can do to obtain their support next time.
This month’s joint action on Capitol Hill was executed as a partnership among #MEAction, the Solve ME/CFS Initiative, and the Massachusetts ME/CFS & FM Association.
Please consider supporting our advocacy work by making a donation to #MEAction. We understand if you are unable to donate at this time, so please consider sharing our work with your friends, family and social media community.Support our Work