#MEAction is excited to announce its first protest in Washington DC! Now rescheduled for May 25, 2016!
Please join us May 25th for a protest outside of the Health and Human Services building in Washington DC. Our goal is to raise the visibility of this illness and the people living with it.
Because of the nature of our condition, we can expect to see many patients in their wheelchairs, stretchers, or laying down. All patients are welcomed and we encourage you bring your family/friends/caregivers for support. In fact, we would like to emphasize that even if patients can’t attend, their support system is welcomed!
When: May 25th 2016 at 11am
Where: Health and Human Services Headquarters in Washington, DC
Why: Urgent Need to Increase ME/CFS Funding
The protest is being organized by #MEAction member Stacy Hodges. Stacy is looking to put a team together to plan and execute the flagship protest in DC, as well as satellite protests at HHS offices around the country. If interested in helping, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to volunteer or attend, you can also support the protest by donating:
Donations will be used to help cover:
- A meeting room where participants can meet the day before to discuss strategy and the timeline of events.
- Shuttle transportation for participants. This is necessary because of the number of patients that can not drive, are in wheelchairs or that may need to leave the protest early and return to rest.
- Signs/Literature/Printing Services
- Equipment Rental (please see: http://www.washingtonpeacecenter.org/eventequipment).
- We are considering using donations to reimburse a fraction of the hotel costs for those that attend to make this event more affordable for unemployed/disabled patients.
What to spread the word about this protest? Save these tiles to your computer and post them to social media: