The Cranky Queer Guide to Chronic Illness and #MEAction are co-sponsoring a webinar on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) prep, this Saturday March 7th, at 1:00 Eastern Standard Time.
The fear of the coronavirus is affecting many of our lives, but this webinar will focus on Lifesaving, practical tools and support for preparedness for people with chronic illnesses in the US, incorporating disability justice, emergent strategies & mutual aid practices.
Transcripts and recording of the webinar, plus associated links, will be distributed broadly. RSVP above for that info as well.
- JD Davids, strategist and storyteller, Cranky Queer, and #MEAction Board Member (board announcement coming soon!)
- Evvie Ormon (they/them), healer, facilitator and generative coach, Emergent Phoenix Consulting
- Crissaris Sarnelli, MD, primary care/family doctor and healer, Harlem NY
- Elandria Williams, Executive Director and Trainer, PeoplesHub
Producer: Emily Szklarski
Topics of discussion:
- practical stories/examples of effective mutual aid and care networks;
- specific measures to implement regarding this fast-moving situation;
- perspectives and strategies from a family practice/urgent care doctor and healer;
- an opening grounding and a breakout room offering somatic and grounding practices.
Please note: It will NOT include individual medical advice.
#MEAction is co-sponsoring this event, and we are proud to be co-sponsoring with these groups:
- AIDS United
- Black Emotional and Mental Health Collective (BEAM)
- Counter Narrative Project
- Positive Women’s Network – USA (PWN)