Donating on #GivingTuesday helps #MEAction get ready for the new year, with all there is to come!
We have two options to obtain matching funds! Facebook and Paypal have partnered to offer up to $7 million in donations made on Giving Tuesday. Take full advantage of this by giving as soon as possible on Giving Tuesday (the money that Facebook is matching will run out!). And, secondly, a generous donor is matching funds up to $25,000!
The $7 million Facebook match begins at 8 a.m. EST (5 a.m. PST) on Tuesday, Nov. 27 and will run until it is out. You can help us on 11/27 by donating one of the two ways:
1. You can donate through our Facebook fundraiser.
2. You can create your own #MEAction Facebook fundraiser in which you ask your social media network to support the fundraiser. Set up a fundraiser.
Read the FAQ’s about Facebook’s #GivingTuesday.
2019 Areas of Focus/ Plans:
- Community Driven Projects that Encourage Community Engagement:
- Bedfest: #MEAction will host Bedfest again in 2019! Bedfest is a collective art project for the ME community to express themselves through song, visual art, or storytelling! The 2017 Bedfest was wonderfully inspiring, and we look forward to this year!
- #MillionsMissing: We want #MillionsMissing to have a larger reach than ever. Last year was a wonderful launching off point to get international attention. Now, we want to coordinate press early, as well as encourage people to do interactive and immersive events that get more people asking about ME and becoming champions.
In the US:
- Continuing Medical Screenings in 10 major institutions and associations: The Continuing Education (CE) course on ME will be highlighted through 10 “tentpole screenings” at prestigious universities and hospitals across the country. The Stanford University CE screening is already scheduled for the spring of 2019.
- “Post carding” doctors to watch Unrest: State and local groups will be sending postcards to doctors in the spring, asking them to take the Continuing Medical Education course on ME in their local areas. The community will be involved at every level of this project.
- Educational videos about ME to be shared on social media, on our website, and through our email list.
- Building allies with members of Congress and local governments: We will continue to focus on building allies in Congress who can help us achieve drastic, widespread change for people with ME in areas of research funding and medical education and access. We are working to introduce legislation for ME/CFS next year in collaboration with our partner organizations.
- Building state and local advocacy: Building state and local groups to have stronger foundations. We will provide a robust state and local toolkit that will encourage the groups to have a state chair, an advocacy chair, an education chair, and a #MillionsMissing chair.
In The UK:
- Expansion of work in the UK: The goal is to grow the UK’s list of activities which include: engaging MP’s already involved in #MEAction activities like the parliament debate and creating a physician outreach program. $15,000 will fund the UK’s work for the next six months.