Please support our petition!
#MEAction Scotland volunteers have submitted a petition to the Scottish Parliament. Anyone from any country can sign! The petition calls on the Scottish Government to undertake a review of the treatment of people with ME in Scotland. The aims of the petition can be summarised as follows:
- Investment in biomedical research and creation of a Centre of Excellence
- Ensuring healthcare professionals’ training and education materials reflect the latest scientific evidence
- Provision of specialist care for patients and discontinuation of the harmful treatments GET/CBT
A little about ME in Scotland: ME is a neuro-immune disease that affects millions of people worldwide, an estimated 21,000 of whom are in Scotland. 25% of patients are so severely affected that they are bed bound and have a very poor quality of life. There are no specialist consultants in Scotland, and for the past decade the Scottish Chief Scientist Office (CSO) has spent nothing on biomedical research.
We urgently need your help, whether you have M.E, know someone who does or even if you’ve never heard of it before!
Three ways you can help:
- Sign the petition. It doesn’t matter if you don’t live in Scotland, you can still sign here.
- Share this video on social media. Share this url: https://youtu.be/wG5g4M7KWv8
- Collect signatures. We have sign-up sheets and a Scottish fact sheet for people to collect signatures in the real world. These need to be sent to Emma Shorter, 16 Mayville Gardens, Edinburgh. EH5 3DB by 24th May in order to be included in the final signatures total.
It’s time to change the lives of all the missing and forgotten people with ME. We are not lost yet.