If you are hosting a screening of Unrest in your community, you will want to reach out to your local press about covering the screening. Below are some training resources to help you prepare to speak to the media.
These tools were developed by #MEAction for the #MillionsMissing Day of Action in Sept. 2017 in collaboration with Unbendable Media.
- Media Training Manual
This powerpoint presentation provides a general overview of how to speak to the press about the issue of ME, as well as key talking points on the disease itself. Topics include:
- Interviewing tips
- Techniques for interviewing for print, radio, television and Skype
- Staying on Message
- Making friends with reportersScroll down to see a few key slides from the manual. Be sure to check out the entire presentation to fully prepare yourself.
- Talking Points on ME (US audience)
- Media training call with Unbendable Media – Watch a video about the presentation instead of reading the manual.
- Synopsis of Unrest
- Unrest Discussion Guide
- Sample Press Release and High Res photos and more!
See the rest of the presentation here.