We’re excited to announce the #MillionsMissing Art Competition, open to all art forms, with submissions due by Jan. 6, 2017. For all you artists itching to create your own #MillionsMissing art, now is your chance to take a crack at it and win a prize doing so. The craft competition was so popular that we have created a second art competition open to all art forms!
Congratulations to Louise McAllan who won the #MillionsMissing Craft Competition for her beautifully knitted #MillionsMissing wool hat. Here is her pattern and instructions; we encourage all knitters everywhere to use her pattern to promote #MillionsMissing.
The #MillionsMissing Art Competition is open to all art forms, including photos, graphics / illustration, scanned drawings, paintings, poems, quotes, video clips and music. We’re also accepting patterns or tutorials for do-it-yourself projects like embroidery, crochet, knitting and sewing.
We want to have fun while we work for equal treatment for ME sufferers! Win prizes for your work! Three winners will receive a prize.
The deadline is Jan. 6th 2017. Feel free to invite people from different communities. Open to all countries.
— — —
#MillionsMissing Art competition.
Things to consider:
- Pattern / tutorials should not be too difficult, and should be relatively quick to execute.
- Consider artwork that can be used to illustrate Facebook posts or other promotional work. (Make sure to submit a photo).
- It’s not a requirement to include the logo in your design. (Also, the logo can be simplified or interpreted creatively).
- Consider projects that put a spotlight on our cause – health, action, stigma etc.
1st Prize: Sony Action Camera – sponsored, and one #MillionsMissing t-shirt.
2nd prize: A scarf in 100% wool and mudmask – sponsored, and a #MillionsMissing t-shirt
3rd prize: Hat in 50% angora and 50% polyamide and avocado oil – sponsored, and a #MillionsMissing t-shirt.
#MillionsMissing Norway has the right to:
– Resell any pattern, where the income will go to action work.
– The designer will own their product, but cannot compete with MillionsMissing Norway’s sales.
– The art may be used to promote #MillionsMissing and used for Facebook posts.
Send your contribution to:
Note: You only need to send images and patterns. You keep the finished product.
Winners will be announced, and patterns shared on Jan. 11th, 2017.
Good luck! We look forward to seeing what you make!
4 thoughts on “Join the #MillionsMissing Art Competition Part-Two”
Congratulations to Louisa. The hat looks great!
You should add the pattern to Ravelry, _the_ website for knitters! It wasn’t there when I just searched. Putting it there will really help raise awareness with knitters! Plus, people can post pictures of their completed projects, give encouragement, etc. You could even set up a knit-along event. Many options.
Thank you for great ideas, will look into this!
Yes, PLEASE someone add this pattern to Ravelry! I don’t know if Louise is on Ravelry, but she or someone should add the hat pattern. There are a lot of spoonies on Ravelry!
Comments are closed.