Category: Community

NEED HELP? Support and Crisis Resources

NEED HELP? Support and Crisis Resources Living with ME can be extremely difficult. #MEAction strives to create spaces of support. Everyone at #MEAction cares deeply about the individuals in our community. We fight for your health in advocacy and scientific spaces, but we also want you to know that you are loved, supported, and valued. Joining

Read More »

Community Roundup – End-Of-Year, 2018

As always, our community continues to amaze us with its tenacity, creativity, intellect, hard work and generosity. Enjoy a round-up of some of the community happenings these past few months where people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) around the world continue to fight for recognition, treatment, care and dignity. Austria Austrian broadcast station @ATV aired a

Read More »

Volunteer of the Month – A Source of Inspiration and Wisdom

Jenny Horner is another stalwart advocate in the myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) community who inspires us to dig deeper and reach higher. She first got involved with #MEAction UK in an effort to protect children from the effects of being pushed to exercise, which has shown to cause harm in people with ME. Most recently, she

Read More »

#MEAction Seniors Release their Bill of Rights

Listen to the Article:  Written by Nancy K Wood / Edited by Eileen Rosenbloom and Marcie Atkinson December 10th will mark the 70th annual Human Rights Day, the anniversary of the adoption of the Universal Declaration. The theme for this decadal celebration is Promote, Engage and Reflect. We in the #MEAction Seniors Connect Facebook

Read More »

Values and Policies Process Announcement

Values and Policies Process Announcement A few months ago, #MEAction Executive Director Jennifer Brea released an open letter, outlining the importance of forming #MEAction’s values and policies as a community. #MEAction’s community-based model utilizes the strengths of our staff team to support, organize and amplify the voices of thousands of volunteers, activists, people with ME, and

Read More »

A Poet Contextualizes Our Struggle

Poet and artist, Christiana Baltais, writes about moving the mountains of stigma that harm people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) in this poignant poem. She asked that we share her poem to encourage our community and beyond – people with ME, friends, family and allies – to donate to our cause on #GivingTuesday. Facebook and PayPal are

Read More »

Community Roundup – Telling Our Story to the World

Across the globe, we are pursuing creative projects across all mediums to tell the world about myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). In our fall roundup, you’ll be inspired reading about the work and accomplishments of some of our community heroes. Support the #MEAction community by donating to our #GivingTuesday campaign this Tuesday, Nov. 27  where Facebook will match your

Read More »

Volunteer of the Month – the Woman Behind the Per Fink Protest

We are thrilled to honor Terri Wilder as our fall Volunteer of the Month. Terri spearheaded the protest and petition against Per Fink last month where the community took a stand against the harmful treatments that Per Fink has forced upon people with ME. Terri Wilder has been a monumental activist with #MEAction since getting

Read More »
Scroll to Top