Cornell Center for Enervating Neuroimmune Disease aims to collect brain images (MRSs) from individuals with ME to study oxidative stress and neuroinflammation. Dr. Dikoma Shungu hopes to identify possible biomarkers for ME as well as add to the overall understanding of the disease.
Cornell Center for Enervating Neuroimmune Disease is collecting information from both ME patients as well as secondary controls ages 21-65 years old.
- You will first have a quick phone call to determine eligibility.
- If eligible, you will meet with a doctor (theirs or yours) to be examined or for blood and urine tests.
- Then you will complete questionnaires on mental and physical health.
- You will do a two-day CPET (two exercise tests separated by 24 hrs), with blood collection before and after the test.
- You will do MRI and PET scans as well.
Participants will be compensated for their time
See the recruitment flyer here
Samples collected will be sent to Cornell University, Ithica, New York
How to Participate:
Contact Xiangling Mao by phone at (212) 746-2632 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org