#MEAction is seeking poems to honor those around the world struggling with M.E. This call to poets is designed to complement other awareness projects taking place during May. Our goal is to proudly display the creative resources of our community and to celebrate the courage it takes to speak out.
We encourage poems of every genre. Poets are also welcome to add a few lines describing their poem’s relation to the theme of #MillionsMissing. The final selections will be announced the last day of May and published on #MEAction. The three winning poems will receive the honors of First, Second, and Third Places. Additionally, we will publish seven under the heading of Honorable Mention. Each of the winners will also receive a yet-to-be-established gift from our new Zazzle store.
This year’s theme: #MillionsMissing
Eligibility: This juried competition is open to anyone with a connection to M.E.
- Poems should relate to the theme #MillionsMissing.
- Each entrant may submit no more than three poems.
- The poems must be submitted in English.
- The poems should be no longer than one page, and must use an eye-friendly font in 10 or 12 point.
- Submissions must be in electronic format in an attached Word or pdf document rather than typed into the body of the email.
- Include in the body of your email: your name, address, phone number, and your email address.
- You will be sent a confirmation acknowledging receipt of your submission.
- Email submissions should be sent to [email protected].
- A panel of three judges will select up to ten poems to be published.
- Submissions will be read and judged blind (no names or personal information visible).
- A maximum of one poem will be selected per poet.
- Due to limitations, not all entrants’ work will be selected.
- Entries must be received no later than May 12, 2016, 5:00 pm EST.
We hope you will join us in showing your more creative side to help raise awareness about M.E.!
Submit a poem to [email protected] today!