#MEAction UK and #MEAction Scotland are recruiting new volunteers to join our social media teams.
We are looking for volunteers to create impactful content across our Twitter and Facebook pages, as well as moderators to enable our Facebook groups to be effective working spaces focussed on active campaigning and mobilising from the ground up. Communicating clearly and quickly about what’s going on is the first step to encourage our community to fight together and empower each other.
Read about these roles then fill in this form to apply.
- Work within a team to write posts for our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages as #MEAction UK & #MEAction Scotland with the purpose of:
- Promoting #MEAction campaigns and ways for the community to be active
- Helping the community stay well informed about relevant developments (research, parliament etc) and articles
- Engaging the community
- Maintaining a positive profile
- Feedback thoughts and reflections from the community to our online workspace
- Moderate Facebook groups (regional and/or national)
- Create graphics
- Work with other volunteers to produce strategies to coordinate our online activity
If you think you would be suited to just one of these tasks and not others please still apply! You will be joining a team working together on this and not expected to do it alone.
What volunteers can expect:
- Regular supervision
- To learn and practise skills, gaining experience of multiple social media platforms
- To be part of a wider team
- Induction and support to become an effective advocate
- To be a part of growing #MEAction UK/#MEAction Scotland and have input on our future direction
- A reference if you are considering going on to apply for work
You will have:
- Recent experience of using Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- A commitment to #MEAction and grassroots organising
- Willingness to follow a code of conduct
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to engage with many people online
- A suitable computer with a reliable internet connection
Putting the voice of people with ME to the fore
We are a health first organisation, and many of our volunteers live with ME themselves. We work together to enable everyone to engage to the extent that they can at any given time. The vast majority of our work is online, enabling those who are housebound or bed bound to participate. As a disability rights organisation we will always put the voices of people with lived experience to the fore.
We have prepared an application form for those wishing to get involved, and will undertake short interviews via conference call in January. The deadline for applying is 15th January 2019.
[maxbutton id=”21″ url=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfhvqMppm3g9po_F396wUmylQg9MDFNYtJvCEWpu2lPx1EqNw/viewform” text=”Apply here” ]