Colorado Financial Emergency Fund for People with ME
The #MEAction Colorado State Chapter Financial Emergency Assistance Fund is intended to assist people with ME who find themselves unable to meet a critical need. This is a pilot program through #MEAction Colorado in partnership with #MEAction. This program is intended to help support #MEAction members, living in Colorado, who are in need of short-term financial assistance.
#MEAction CO can provide only limited short-term financial assistance. We do have volunteers who are familiar with agencies and charities that help people who do not have the means to meet their day-to-day living expenses. We encourage you to contact [email protected] so we can help you try ways of to avoid experiencing homelessness and continuing to meet your critical needs.
Financial assistance will be provided based on an applicant’s needs, available funds, and balancing with other applications that have been made. #MEAction Colorado State Chapter wishes we were able to give everyone grants, but we have very limited funds at this time.
You can only receive one grant per calendar year. Grants range from $25- $250. At this time, we can only pay for the following:
- Assisting with rent/mortgage
- Assisting with electricity, heat, or water bill
- Assisting with medical payments
- Assisting with groceries
To apply for assistance, please fill out the financial assistance form, link provided here. Also, please be ready to answer and/or upload the following items into the form.
- Statement outlining the need for financial assistance
- Proof of being a part of the #MEAction Colorado Community
- Proof of Address in Colorado
- Declaration of diagnosis
If you have problems filling out the form, or submitting materials, please contact us @ [email protected].
#MEAction Colorado State Chapter and #MEAction staff will review the application and a determination of what aid if any can be provided. Once we have made a decision, we will be in contact with you via email and with the company to obtain a w-9 for payment processing. Please note that payment could take up to 2 weeks to process.
Detailed application instructions
- First, fill out the application form. You can find the form here.
- Provide a Statement of Financial Need detailing why you need financial assistance at this time. Please list which of the four areas listed above that you seek help with and provide the amount you are requesting. This can be a brief paragraph.
- Proof of being a part of the #MEAction Colorado Community (ie: Facebook page member, or taken part in #MEAction actions, or member of #MEAction Colorado State Chapter–attends meetings/events, and receive #MEActions emails). We will ask you to select which of these you are a part of so we can confirm.
- Proof of Colorado Address. You will be asked to upload an image to prove your address in Colorado, you can upload an image from a utility bill, bank statement or your driver’s license.
- Declaration for a diagnosis of ME/CFS from a medical professional or through self-diagnosis. Please provide information on your diagnosis of ME/CFS. We know it is difficult to get an official diagnosis, so if you have self-diagnosis, please describe your experience.
- If your application is accepted, you will need to fill out a w-9 (we can send you a blank form to fill out).
NOTE: #MEACTION COLORADO STATE CHAPTER WILL NOT SHARE ANY OF YOUR APPLICATION INFORMATION WITH ANYONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.