- This event has passed.
#MEAction Community Movie Night: Ladybird!
FEBRUARY 15, 2020 @ 02:00 PM - 05:00 PM EST
Based on your suggestions, we’ll be watching Ladybird on Saturday, February 15th at 7 pm UK (11 am PT, 2 PM ET).
NOTE: Ladybird is available on Netflix UK and Netflix Australia, not Netflix US. If you’re in the US, you won’t be able to join the Netflix Party, but you can view the film on Amazon Prime (must have a subscription) OR through Kanopy (free service provided by most public libraries – you just need to sign up with your library card!) If you are not in the UK, Australia or the US, please visit Netflix to see if Ladybird is available in your country.
Click here to view the trailer!
You can either join our Netflix Party (info below) – or just start the movies at the times above and join us on bluejeans for a hangout afterwards.
Participate as much or as little as you like!
A quick note before the details: you must have a Netflix account to use Netflix Party. You can always watch the movie through another platform or medium like Amazon Prime or Kanopy , but Netflix Party just works for Netflix users.
We hope to be able to do a virtual movie night without any barriers to fully participate in the future. If you have suggestions on how to do this better next time around, please email us at email@example.com.
How to use Netflix Party:
Netflix Party is an extension for google chrome that allows you to watch movies and shows with friends remotely.
It syncs the movie for everyone, so we can all watch it together at the same exact time.
- Make sure you have the Google Chrome browser on your device. If you don’t, download it here.
- Add the Netflix Party extension to your browser here.
3. At 6:30 UK (10:30 am PT, 1:30 pm ET) hop on our bluejeans call by following this link: https://bluejeans.com/735473821
4. For Netflix users who live in a country where Ladybird is available: Espe, your host, will post a link to join the Netflix Party in the chat.
We’ll keep the bluejeans call active during the movie for folks to use the chat box, and we’ll use it as a place to hangout and chat afterwards.
5. The link Espe posts will take you to the movie (make sure you’re logged into Netflix first).
6. Once you get there, click the Netflix Party (NP) icon in your extensions list on your browser to turn it on. When it’s on, it will change from gray to red and the chatbox will appear. Pictured above: NP icon in the upper right corner of the browser.
7. Click on your avatar to change the image and set a nickname! Pictured above: where you can identify yourself and change your avatar.
TIP: You can hide the chat bar by clicking the NP icon in your extensions and unclicking the ‘show chat’ box.
8. Sit back and enjoy the film! Espe will control the play/pause function. If you need to pause the movie, exit the Netflix Party and resume the movie without Netflix Party when you wish!
That was a lot of technical info! Remember, the Netflix Party portion is totally optional. You can still participate in our movie night by watching the film without it and/or on your own time. Any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org