Category: Community

In Memory of Dr. Ronald G. Tompkins MD, ScD

Mourning the loss of Dr. Ron Tompkins

Today #MEAction joins the community in mourning the loss of Dr. Ronald G. Tompkins, MD, ScD, who passed away this week. Ron Tompkins was a clinician, clinical researcher, and friend and ally to people with ME. He was the Sumner M. Redstone Professor of Surgery at Harvard Medical School, Founding Director of the Center for

Read More »
NICE Committee Community Call featured image

NICE Committee Member Community Call Review

Two NICE ME/CFS guideline committee members joined #MEAction for a community call, to provide their insight into the guideline process and answer questions. Adam Lowe is a person with ME and has been supporter of various ME organisations, including #MEAction UK and Science for ME. He was one of five lay members on the committee.

Read More »

New Black British support group seeks members with ME and Long Covid

Darren Randon, co-founder of Well Versed Ink, is seeking new members for an online group for UK-based Black and Black-mixed adults living with diagnosed or suspected ME or Long-Covid. Formal diagnosis is not required. The group meets every other Sunday from 1-2pm. It provides a safe space to share experiences and create community, with the

Read More »

Is NIH blowing another opportunity to advance ME/CFS research?

Be sure to attend the telebriefing by the Trans-NIH ME/CFS Working Group this Friday (10/22) at 3PM ET. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has many questions to answer about its lack of tangible progress or strategic acceleration of medical research for people with ME. Read Our Questions for NIH ME/CFS research opportunity being missed

Read More »
Screenshot of the article with red question marks over it

A Response to New Yorker Article on Long COVID

A person with ME (who wishes to remain anonymous online) sent this letter to the author of The New Yorker article, “The Struggle to Define Long COVID,” and to the magazine’s editor. #MEAction was also concerned to see The New Yorker publish such a disparaging and flawed article about the Long COVID community, which cherry-picked examples of

Read More »

World ME Alliance Completes Major Name Change and Rebrand

#MEAction is proud to be a founding member of the World ME Alliance, a coalition of national ME/CFS organisations, which announces today a major name change and rebrand from the International Alliance for ME. To modernise and promote its unique role, the World ME Alliance is launching a new website, with a new name, logo,

Read More »

Where Does Your Donation Go?

Do you ever wonder where your money goes when donating to your favorite charity? We certainly do! Why? Because we want to make sure that every gift we receive generates the greatest impact in our collective fight for research, medical education, and public recognition of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome. This is why we wanted to

Read More »
A sign that says pause against the backdrop of a blue sky. Let us pause together before Severe ME Day.

A Pause Before Severe ME Day 2021

Our community is fighting every day to bring hope, health and justice to people with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). In August we especially take time to honor the 25 percent living with the most severe form of this disease and remember those who have died from ME. August 8th marks the Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) Day

Read More »
Scroll to Top