Category: Community

We can’t believe it! Another $50k matching gift!

I am so thrilled to tell you that we have another $50,000 (£39,873.50) matching gift for #MEAction’s #MillionsMissing fundraiser. That means that everything you give will be matched dollar for dollar until we reach our goal of $200,000 (£159,490)! Donate Now Here are three ways you can help us maximize this matching gift: Donate  Start

Read More »

Email Doctor Unger about the Misinformation at CDC

People with ME deserve accurate & clear ME/CFS education from the Centers for Disease Control, not recycling of discredited recommendations for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Graded Exercise Therapy (GET). The invited speaker at May 13th’s CDC Stakeholder Engagement & Communication (SEC) Call presented this slide on ME/CFS management. Failing the #MillionsMissing yet again! Information

Read More »

#MillionsMissing: Videos Created by our Amazing Community

This year’s #MillionsMissing, our community created some amazing videos that we are privileged to highlight. This is just a small sampling of the amazing videos that were shared with us. It would be impossible to include them all, but we thank you all for sharing! Chronic — Maggie Borgen M.E. & Friends — Lisa Walker

Read More »

#MillionsMissing MAY 2022 Wrap Up

Thank you for sharing your stories, for illustrating our common thread so that our governments, healthcare systems, and other institutions can respond fully to the crisis of ME, Long COVID and other complex, chronic conditions. As Omar Wasow said in his #MillionsMissing speech, “We are at the cusp of newfound power.”  “That has the potential to

Read More »
Word: #MEAction Scotland: First Community Call with an image of a laptop showing a video call with 10 people of different ages, races and genders. In the background to the right of the laptop is a green plant and in the foreground in soft focus is a white hand holding a blue mug.

#MEAction Scotland holds its first community call

Last week, #MEAction Scotland volunteers held the first in a series of community calls. The online meetings will take place quarterly and have been set up to connect us with more people with ME and allies across Scotland. Our first call was a success! We were delighted to be joined by a mix of old

Read More »

You can Still Help Madeline!

“Madeline” is a woman who has been suffering with a post viral syndrome for 40 years which includes Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and fibromyalgia. Madeline  lives in British Columbia, Canada and she urgently needs your help. There is a need to seek alternative medical treatments due to the lack of coverage for treatments within the

Read More »
lack History Month

Black History Month

In honor of Black History Month, #MEAction has gathered a collection of articles, videos, and groups that features Black members of our community. We are also sharing links to articles and videos that explore the importance of Black disability history. We invite you to celebrate and honor the contributions of these Black leaders in our

Read More »

#MEAction Continues to Get Press for ME

#MEAction continues to prioritize getting ME in the press. We are very thankful to be featured in USA Today, North Jersey, New York Times, Infection Control Today, Times-Herald and Well+Good, all in the last few weeks!  Our press reach continues to focus on multiple audiences, including scientists and medical practitioners, the disability and chronic illness

Read More »

NIH Comes up Short Once Again

No Increase in Funding in Latest Plan for ME/CFS Collaborative Research Centers The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has announced their intent to extend the ME/CFS Collaborative Research Center (CRC) program, first launched in 2017, beyond its initial 5-year lifetime. They have issued a $7.1M annual funding opportunity for the ME/CFS CRCs, and another $500K

Read More »
University of the West of Scotland Looking for Research Participants Featured Image

Be part of designing UWS research into ME and long COVID

UPDATE: The research team have let us know that they’ve received a huge response to this request and they now have the information they need. They’ll be in touch with people individually if they are eligible to participate in the study. If you got involved, thanks for your support! Researchers at the University of the

Read More »
Scroll to Top