Myalgic Encephalomyelitis needs activism.
There is so much work to be done in our community and so many people who want to do it, but don’t know where to start. The biggest limiting factors? Often, our own bodies. As ME/CFS patients we can be trapped and unable take part in desperately-needed awareness and activism campaigns.
That’s why #MEAction exists
We are a Network with tools and support to help patients and allies around the world in the fight for ME/CFS health equality. Our goal is to help those activists do what they’re already doing, better. We’re thrilled to announce the release of our launch video today to help you learn more about the platform, the team, and where we’re going next.
No time to watch? Let’s break it down.
The platform is designed to make online organizing easier, and better.
Start a petition, create an event, promote your action, all online.
Post an idea and brainstorm actions in the Idea Center and find collaborators in the Member Directory.
The platform welcomes contributions from individuals or ME/CFS organizations around the world.
Submit News articles and Opinion pieces to be featured in our News section.
Whatever you contribute, we’ll work to share it widely across our network.
We’ve already launched our Funding Equality Petition. What’s next?
- Multi-lingual support: to increase our global audience we want to make sure the site is accessible to other languages.
- Private Messaging (done!)
- One Click Politics: this feature will allow users to send customized messages to political leaders with just a couple quick clicks.
- Local groups: form groups around a geographic location or a theme. This will give another way to connect and find collaborators.
- Crowdfunding: raise money without the fees for your own action or for major ME/CFS organizations.
- Polls and Survey Tools: let’s hear from the audience!
- Videoconferencing and Collaboration tools: giving you better tools to connect with other activists and streamline your project.
- Training seminars: let’s learn from the successes and failures of the past.
- Special events with other activists
“Many of us are so disabled that we can’t even leave our homes. How can we fight for a better future when the world can not see us? This Platform is designed to make everything about online organizing easier. We want to amplify your voice.”
Jennifer Brea – co-founder
“The community is full of exciting, intelligent, driven people – but we are stuck inside our houses. So by joining our forces online we can actually show our true numbers and make a difference.”
Rachael Korinek – site administrator
“Everyone has different opinions about what you can do to make a difference, it’s going to be the one place where anyone who has a good idea can share it, and the best ideas are going to bubble up.”
Beth Mazur – co-founder
“We want everyone to come around – like a really key policy goal, and I think that there is pretty universal agreement that increased NIH funding is really the key thing to move our entire patient group forward.”
Ryan Prior – Forgotten Plague documentary
We can’t wait to unveil new features and new actions in the coming weeks. With your help, we truly believe that we can create a global movement that brings about health equality for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis patients around the world. Let’s get started today!